Friday, November 30, 2007

more followings.................

I am following Jesus to Ghana to assist the Ghanian's in whatever capacity is required of me. From this experience I hope to expand my awareness of others & myself. I'm told it will be a life altering experience...not sure what that really means. Is it discovering what really is important in life, reprioritizing my life, or just because this is the time to give back.
Janice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m following Jesus to Ghana. Again. It is an "un-looked for" blessing, a gift. It is a chance to experience joy among some of the world’s poorest people, who are only poor in things, but rich beyond measure in soul. It is a chance to pour myself out completely, and be refilled with the glory of God. It is a chance to see Jesus in the black eyes of a beautiful child. I pray she sees Him in my blue ones. It is a chance to introduce my Ghanaian friends to my Canadian friends and watch them all grow. It is all this and so much more. Thank you Jesus for leading me home.

Hope

I'm following Jesus to Ghana to help build my religion in a different way, hoping it will bring me closer with Him. With following Jesus and working with the people in this group I hope to regain the ability to have trust in people and them have trust with me.
- Kelly

=====================================

I'm following Jesus to Ghana because this is the first time I have heard him ask me to do something. I don't understand it (yet), but I feel a need and I'm going to try and help.
- Jake

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm following Jesus to Ghana to share my Christian faith with others in a different culture and environment which is unfamiliar to me now. I hope to learn and grow spiritually through this experience, to see similarities and also differences, a chance to say "yes" that is so but I did not consider it that way before, a new way of looking at my beliefs. I believe faith must continue to grow through education and experience in order to remain vital.
This mission is a huge opportunity for learning and growth and a chance to give of one's gifts and abilities to help others. I feel strongly that the Lord wants me to do this and therefore I will be given what is needed to enable me to do the work He is asking of me.

Donna




3 comments:

Lori & Carissa said...

Hello again Darcie!
Sounds like everything is going well! I am very happy to hear that! Everyone here wishes you the best and sends their love. No new news here to tell you. It has been terribly cold and lots of snow. Carissa, Bear & I have been missing you!
Talk again soon...Love you!
Mom, Carissa & Bear

Lori & Carissa said...

Hello again Darcie,
Glad to hear that everything is going well. Carissa, Bear and I miss you! Its been terribly cold and lots of snow. No new news here.
Just sending our best wishes and love from everyone!
Take care and talk again soon.
Love Mom, Carissa & Bear

Ted and Jennifer Stacey said...

Hey Guys!

We just got home from church, and saw the video clip from your BLOG.

Kelly – Ted told me to tell you to bring home your head-pan, as we have lots of wood for you to carry in from the back here…LOL Ted also said that the work you’re doing there is probably a vacation compared to running after Zoey! LOL

We miss all of you guys terribly, and we’re hoping that you’re enjoying the experience. I got misty-eyed watching the clip in church today – I guess I didn’t realize how much I was missing you Kelly!

I hope you guys are enjoying the warm weather – we’ve had at least 2feet of snow lately, and the drive up to Peterborough has been pretty nasty. Lots of white-knuckled driving!

Elizabeth is at my mom’s cottage this weekend, so Ted and I are enjoying the weekend to ourselves, although we’re also anxious to have her back home!

Well – keep safe, take care of each other, and we’ll see you when you get home.

Know that you’re all in our prayers!

Love,
Jenn, Ted and Elizabeth