Monday, February 11, 2008

Feb 11, Ghana update.

I Know you were all hoping to hear from the team, but instead you get me! I thought I was receiving a very early morning telemarketer call which turned out to be Daryl.
They are having a lot of trouble with computer/modem stuff and they may not be able to get it sorted out for a while ... be patient they are on Ghana Time.
The team is Well, if a little hot (Hotter than any team has yet experienced, I told him I could not relate as it is freeze your nose-hair cold here). They are currently laying blocks for the second floor of the residence. The team had a wonderful time at Daniel and Betty's church in Laa on Sunday. Luke left this morning for Sierra Leone. Please continue to pray for Daryl's health as he is over the bug he had in Liberia but feeling a bit weak (but don't worry Mom he sounds Great!). I am sorry to say that is the end of the news he gave me... keep up the Prayers and Jason and I will update you whenever we have something new.
Peace and Love,
Kim

3 comments:

AuntE said...

Thanks for this - albeit brief news.

Frances said...

Hi to everyone in Ghana, so glad to hear everyone has gotten there safely and all doing well; enjoy the warmth, it has been -20 here at night and a cold biting wind today bringing snow once again, I continue to pray for all of you that God will keep you strong and in His care while you are doing His work; Lawrence and Penny house is still good and Benjamin did a great job reading the lesson on Sunday; must go; will be in touch again; Yours in Christ

kathy said...

Hi Darcie:
It was nice to hear from you so soon, I'm on my way to work again, we are all good, I was talking to grandma and grandpa, they were excited to hear your note ( I read it to them ) and they send their love and can't wait to hear all about your trip. Grandma is coming along ok, it will be a long recovery for her but she will be fine,It's snowing here again, glad to here you were able to play in the ocean. So glad to hear you are all doing such good work, and feeling well. I will look on here for more updates. Take care, we love you, Aunt Kathy