Thursday, February 21, 2008

Feb 21

Well the time is near to come home. We have been very busy trying to finish up everything we want to do. I still have a bunch of computer work to do. I just finish one thing and they give me 2 more to do. I still took some time today to built an Inukshuk. I’m still stirred up about the garbage burn. I’m now just putting it out myself. Regretfully they will restart once we leave. I have been told they are starting to develop a plan to deal with the waste, but it will be a long process. Thanks for all the updates I have really appreciated them. I’m going to do my laundry now. Scrubbing your cloths in buckets, it’s easier than I thought. Later Jake and Kelly

Just a quick note to everyone back home from Ghana: Lots of hard work again this week and though I am tired I am in good health and my spirits are up. I have a few blisters on my hands now though (ouch!). We are going to the beach again one last time to play in the waves (yay!) and I bought a lot more things at the market yesterday. I’m getting very good at bartering with the merchants there (I was going so hard they were giving me funny looks). Anyways, other people are itching to get on the computer now so I will wrap up. I miss you all very much and am looking forward to seeing you all very soon. From Ghana with Love (especially to Danielle), David.

Hello Care, wonderful post, thank you so much. Beth, sorry Dad was sick before Hawaii but I know he will have a good time for his trip. The electricity is out now, fans off, no lights so this computer is on battery so I don’t want to take up time for the rest. Jared, Brayden, Kieran, Ben and Megan, it is Thursday Feb. 21, Full Moon tonight, so make sure you see it and think of Gramma as she will be watching tonight for The Bella Luna Over Africa! Really exciting. Love to All. Mom/grams

Hey everybody! Hope all is well at home and you are ordering up warmer weather for our return. I’m having an emotionally fragile day today, so prayers would be appreciated. Going to find a cool place to nap….Can’t wait to see you all Love, Mom Hope.

Hi everyone, Janice here. Only one more workday before we head home…where has the time gone! A few of us were without power last night but we survived…Mary & I each showered in our jammies and went to bed wet…very refreshing…we were dry this morning when we woke up. Hopefully the power will be back on soon. We’re heading off to the beach for a bit this afternoon. We’re back from the beach…it was fabulous…had lots of fun playing in the big waves & the water was so clean this time!!! Still no power in our part of the buildingL…looks like another night of sleeping in wet jammies to stay cool…oh well, TIA. Take care. See you soon. Hugs & kisses. Love Janice/Mom


Hi Again! Mary here and time is flying now to be back home! Beth: tell Abbie that tonight is a Full Moon and I am watching it over Africa!
I can’t believe we are on the countdown. The electricity is now on! There is a lot of visitors happening now to the Centre as they know we will gone soon. This team has been amazing and the Ghanaians are so caring, grateful, smart and endearing people. It’s gonna be a tough goodbye! There is so much to be done here but young David put it well,that this is a chapter in a book and even tho we know we can’t accomplish everything, we know we have done our best to do as much as we can. I think Janice just ran into our room to turn on the fan! Yeah! Circling air tonight for sleep! Gotta go to dinner and by the way, I have not lost any weight but I have gained the most amazing awesome strength for the work we have done – it’s a bonus! Thanks Care for telling me about Oscar and as soon as I get home I will call you and Kate too. I miss you both like crazy!
Dick: I hope you are now better and enjoying the fabulous Hawaii and look forward to seeing you at home. Cheers, hugs to Grandkids, hugs to everyone! God Bless You from Africa!!

12 comments:

Charlene said...

Hi Aunt Mary, so happy to hear things are going well, sounds like hard work well spent. enjoy the heat as it's pretty cold here. I've been saying my daily prayers for you all. I know your hard work will pay off and benefit many.

God bless.
Love,
Charlene

Nadia said...

Hi Mum Hope!!
I LOVE YOU LOTSES!
Nadia

Bill&Care said...

Mom, So bittersweet to be nearer your departure. Of course we thought of you while watching the lunar eclipse last night. The sky was magnificent...I'm sure it was quite a sight in your nook of the world. It made me warm and fuzzy knowing that you got to see your beloved Bella Luna in Africa! Great timing. (When the moon hits your eye....dadada...) Ya, I know you're just singing it about now!! Can't wait to see you...did somebody mention laundry????? (In a bucket no less)
Darcie, we missed hearing from you. You're "blogspots" have been quite endearing. You've almost made it! I hope your suitcase will be brimming with incredible memories to last your lifetime....very proud of you!
Lots of love and hugs to all!

Anonymous said...

David F-
OH MAN. IF YOU EVEN THINK OF BRINGING ANY SCORPIONS HOME AS PETS I WILL PUBLICLY DISOWN YOU. *laughs* Okay, okay, I know it's impossible... and we both know it'd just get lost in your possibly-hurricane-ravaged room!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I've been reading the posts you've all put up, but I haven't been on a computer where I could post back for a few days, so here's what's new:

AGH. SO MUCH has happened... I'm so sick! Everyone around here is, so everyone be careful and wash your hands a lot in the airports and places.. believe me, you DON'T want whatever I've got! Anyways, I'm getting better... hoping to have kicked this by the time you get home!

The lunar eclipse was SO cool. I wish you'd been around to see it! Ummmm.. OHMYGOSH. BIGGEST BEST NEWS EVER! I GOT IN TO SING WITH RAJATON! AND SO DID MARTHA! I DID THE BIGGEST HAPPY-DANCE EVER! Tonkin just gave me one of those looks and swaggered away... it was so hilarious. What else... I have a RazzMaJazz gig on saturday, so I'll probably be pretty wiped when I see you on sunday. *evil grin* I've also realized you've never seen me on cold medication..*laughs* (this is the total cause of the length of this post, by the way).

You've missed all of King Lear now.. I have all the notes and info for essays and things, so you can get those when you get home.. Boyagian's info is just on his website, so you can get all that then too.

Other than that, it's been pretty stable around here. Hope your time is going great. I'm very proud of you and all your hard work!

You come home so soon! ... I miss you so much, babe! Be safe, and don't overdo it with your hands... put some bandages on them or something, okay?
Love you lots and lots.
-Danie

Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad - Maddy: I got two new Archie books and I can't wait til you come home. I miss you guys and by the way Happy Birthday mom on the 23rd. It's going good down here, I have had no homework for the past week. Sam says: brat maddy, grandma hates stinkin homework. I am doing very good at the tutor. I moved up a level and a half and he gave me more stinkin homework. Zoey says: I miss mommy and daddy. I was looking for daddy at the grafton arena. I'm not wearing any diapers, I can go in the toilet, only had one accident at the Baltimore arena. Love, Maddy, Sam, Zoey, Grandma, Ozzy, and Hailey. p.s. grrrr from Hailey and Ozzy.

riddellster said...

Hi Mom,
I hope your trip is going well. Sorry I have not written on the blog site before. I was having trouble with GBlog.lol but i got Steve to help me. I cant wait to see all the pictures you have taken. I am glade to read that you are having a great time and getting a lot of work done. I got the Jeep home safely both times.lol I cant wait to see you when you get back. I have next week off so you, Steve, and Greg will have to come over for Lasagna. I will cook!!! Have a safe return trip. Love you lots xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

steve said...

Hi Janice

Not sure what lack of power has to do with going to bed in wet pyjamas, but I'm sure there's an explanation! Went to Greg's school last night to see the drama monologues. His group was great but the other group was a bit dark and pretentious. Off to pick up Brian now to get his cell phone changed to a London number. I'll tell you about that when you get home! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday. Stay safe. Luv ya.
Steve

Nadia said...

Dear Mum Hope and Dad Daryl...

I am in the airport and I will see you in two days!! I LOVE YOU!

Nadia

Anonymous said...

Hey Darc,
Im sure these last days are bittersweet knowing you're coming home soon. The lunar eclipse the other night was really neat. I tried to take a picture, but the moon was too far away for me to get a good one :( Cant wait to see you!
Whit

Karen said...

Hi Everyone
Wow, on 1 hand it's hard to believe that 2 weeks is up, yet, it also seems like you've been gone forever! There's just so much going on here - well snow wise anyway! The pictures of the building amazed us. You fols have done an incredible amount of work - and all up stairs too!

Hope, I've been praying for you, I hope you had a better day today. I will continue to pray for you and all the team as you prepare yourselves to leave Ghana and return to Canada. So much difference - I'm sure the return will be an adjustment. And Hope, I will pray for a positive experience while you are actually travelling.

looking forward to seeing everyone, and hearing all about it, and seeing your pictures, etc.
love, karen

Hennz said...

Darcie,
Time has flown by since you have been gone. I expected it to take forever for you to come back lol. I am SOOOO looking forward to you coming back. Come see me at the store when you can! I can't wait to hear all about your amazing adventure.
I imagine that you have some mixed feelings about leaving, I know I would. Just remember all the good you have done and all of the wonderful experiences you were able to have.
Miss you,
Heather

Captain Kenobi said...

It's 3 o'clock Saturday morning in Ghana, 11 pm Friday night here. I'm working tomorrow morning but in the afternoon between house cleaning I'll be checking on the flight. As with Sunday morning. I'll be waiting in the airport.
Nathan